05 Jan 2012 resolutions
I found last year’s resolutions useful in helping keep me on the right track last year, and am pleased to say I kept most of them – here’s a review:
Complete my MSc dissertation– finished in July Attend more conferences– I attended lots of great conferences and events in 2011
- Implement the Getting Things Done system at home and work – I seem to have this sorted for electronic information, though need to work on physical organisation of paperwork and notes
Participate in Library Day in the Life– I took part in both rounds of Library Day in the Life in 2011 Continue to blog– I posted 44 times on this blog in 2011, and also blogged for Evidence Base and for projects I’m involved in
As it was a useful exercise for helping me focus last year, so I’ve decided to set myself more resolutions/goals for this year. In common with Erin, these are general aims so cover all areas of my life.
- To work on CILIP Chartership (reflecting on achievements and updating wiki on at least a monthly basis)
- To improve physical organisation, particularly in home office – notes and paperwork etc.
- To achieve a more productive balance between different parts of my life ensuring I make time for professional, personal, and social activities
- To continue to blog about professional issues and ideas as well as reflection on activities
- To publish at least one paper (preferably peer-reviewed)
Bring it on!